Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Meet the EUOIA Collaborators: God's Rude Wireless

With God’s Rude Wireless, I created the Dutch poems of Maarten De Zoute for Twitters for a Lark: Poetry of the European Union of Imaginary Authors, though he also features in A Translated Man via an epigraph and as a presence in the translator’s diary at the end of that collection. See also A Translated Man ( an early account here; the book is also available from Shearsman here, as are a number of my recent works.)

I wanted to make use of a machine (I was at that time interested professionally in the machine-works Tom Jenks was producing, but I knew I had to use something simpler than his data-spreadsheet works). This seemed to work well. God’s Rude Wireless is ‘a new improved cut up engine’ at https://web.archive.org/web/20070927003008/http://www.godsrudewireless.co.uk/cutup/cutup.htm

You can read more about Maarten here, and see some interesting images of him (?) and Holland: here


and here is a second poem we wrote (which was left out of the book for space reasons): I had to cut my own creations first...

Read more about the European Union of Imaginary Authors here and here

More on Twitters for a Lark here and hereAll the collaborators, nearly all of the others nearly human, at least, are introduced at links available here.